Wednesday, August 17, 2011

oh it's been awhile.

I apologize for any cheesiness or extreme sappiness you might read here.

Well, kind of apologize.

I'm resisting the urge to be all I GOT HITCHED Y'ALL but it's hard. But the wedding weekend? Was amazing. I feel like in some ways we'd been planning the whole thing kind of in the spur of the moment. There were a lot of talks by phone and a lot of looking at things on the internet. We did have a lovely wedding planner who also helped us a ton. But it all felt easy, which I wasn't sure it should be? But it was a good thing, especially looking back. I liked that we weren't (seemingly) stressed about anything. At some points I felt like I was waiting for the other shoe to drop or something bad to happen or just something. But it was all pretty much perfect and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I'm so glad that we got to celebrate with our friends and families.

Unfortunately (or fortunately if you're an Ex Nihilo fan), Jensen had to go back on tour a couple of days after the wedding. I'm just glad we got almost a full two weeks in together! I'm pretty sure we hadn't spent that much time together before that for quite a while. Yes, touring at the same time sucks sometimes. So no honeymoon for us yet, but I think we're going to disappear off the face of the earth in a bit so I'm looking forward to that. But I have a little bit of time off before the band heads back out on the road so I'm going to hop across the pond for a bit to play groupie.

Oh! I was going to fangirl about Lollapalooza! So I thought it'd be a good thing that Lolla was the week before the wedding because it'd be a good distraction. And it was in a lot of ways! Lollapalooza was always one of those things I'd wanted to go to, sort of like Bonnaroo too. I never thought about playing either one of those festivals but I've done BOTH in one summer. It's crazy to me! I knew going into Lollapalooza that not a lot of people would know who we were. We were playing on Friday afternoon and it was going to be hot. And I knew we'd have to go out there and basically punch people in the face so we didn't get booed off the stage. I was so incredibly nervous the night before and the morning of our set. I feel sorry for everyone who had to be around me because I wasn't doing a very good job with NOT freaking out. But I've found I usually have to have a good freak out and then about an hour before we go on, I'm good to go. I don't know, I'm weird. It was a blast though, and I like to think that maybe we made a few new fans! The rest of the weekend was spent running from stage to stage seeing good friends have their own Lolla experiences and seeing other awesome people. If you've never been and have the chance to go to Lollapalooza: do it! I want to go back next year if the lineup is half as good as this year's. Same with Bonnaroo. We had such great times at both and it's been such a great summer.

We head back out on the road next month, which is exciiiting! We're also going to open up for Ms. Lennix in November for a couple of shows. And somewhere in there I've got to find another dress to wear to the Marine Corps Ball that's also in November. There will be a few more of our own dates after that but I'm trying to attempt this thing where I don't tour for forever at once and try to have somewhat of a life with my husband and kiddo (I totally mistyped that at first and wrote "kiddos", uh oh). I'm not sure how well it'll work out but we'll see? Don't get me wrong, I love my job. But I don't love being away from home for super long periods of time. But I'm also not going anywhere just yet.