I've always been the type of person who likes being on the road. I love traveling from place to place, I love sleeping on a bus and…yes, that probably makes me weird. It's not an easy way to live, especially with how friggen jet lagged I've been. But then I remember these last couple of tours, opening for Lennix and then for Dan, are really the first ones I've done since before I first joined Barclay. But I have had a blast, and feel really lucky to have gotten to see the places I have.
And as much as I love being on the road and working, I will be glad to get home. I think this has been the longest stretch of time that I've gone without seeing Blake (although Skype/text/e-mail does help that a little!) so I'll be glad to actually get to hug him. And make sure no one has given him an unfortunate hair cut in my absence.
We won't be in the T.O. for long before we go to LA to see Jensen. I can't wait. I feel like it's been forever but I guess it really hasn't been THAT long. I've sort of forgotten what it's like to be in a relationship where you're both traveling separately at the same time, oops? I don't know that you ever get used to it necessarily, but you do what you got to do (like meeting in the middle or skyping. SKYPE = BEST INVENTION EVER). But I look forward to doing a whole lot of nothing and playing with the munchkin for a little bit. If it includes the warm weather of LA, then so be it!
We won't be off the road for long though, which isn't a bad thing. I'm so excited about playing Bonnaroo. I've been wanting to go for several years now so to play? Is just awesome. I can't wait. AND! We're playing part of the Bonnaroo Buzz Tour, which is touring along some of the East coast and the South before ending up at Bonnaroo. And after Bonnaroo? I get to play NXNE (aka: SXSW for Canada), which Barclay played two years ago. Busy, I know? I like being busy though! It keeps me out of trouble. I think there's a little bit of time off after NXNE, I'll be glad for it. Plus Barclay!baby #2 is due in July and I want to be around to meet the little Jay!bean.
(and then you know, a wedding happens!)
So yeah, busy busy. I'll be home tomorrow night, it'll be a little strange to sleep in my own bed I think but I can't wait.